How can you bring more customers to your dealership with the internet? The simplest answer is with the right level of automotive SEO.
The content of your website, the supporting links and articles, along with the various social media posts are all part of creating the best search engine optimization (SEO) for your car dealership. When done right, you’ll see more traffic through your website than ever before.
How Does Online Traffic Translate Into Sales?
Regardless of the brands, vehicles, and services offered, nearly every customer begins their car shopping search online. Before leaving the house to visit a dealership, many customers already have an idea of what they want to buy. Because of this, it’s important that your website is at or near the top of the search engine results pages (SERPs) to grab the attention of your potential customers.
More Is Better; Here are Some Great Reasons to Use Automotive SEO
People are busier now than ever before in history. Even if they don’t seem to be busy, many are endlessly connected through social media and smartphone apps to each other. Not only are your customers internet savvy and want to find your dealership easily, but they also want to find it quickly. The right SEO process will allow your site to be where they can find it without any trouble at all. Here are four great reasons to use automotive SEO in your online marketing strategy:
Your Website Gives You a Competitive Edge
The higher your website ranks on the SERPs, the more clicks and attention it receives. More often than not, if a user doesn’t find what they are looking for on the first page of search results, they will alter their search terms to reflect a narrower approach. The use of the right SEO strategy can make it easier for your customers to find you and put you higher than your competition online.
Targeted Leads Help With the Right Results
While some users may start their search with a simple term like “cars for sale near me” others will begin with something more specific such as “2011 Honda Civic in (city name)”. Both searches can give great results, but the second one is targeted toward a specific model in a geographic area. Using proper automotive SEO, those who find your website will be looking for the models you sell and the right options for the vehicles they want to drive.
Authority in Your Industry is Important
Using SEO practices that are specific to your industry help you have the authority you need to support your website. Search engines look for higher authority and offer these sites as the results your customers will see first when they are looking for the next vehicle to drive. Add the automotive SEO practices that will give you the authority you need to be seen as one of the leaders in the automotive world in your area.
Your Dealership Needs to be Found Online
Without the use of automotive SEO, anyone beginning the search for a vehicle for sale in your area might not find your location. Their search begins online and if your website doesn’t show up because you didn’t include SEO practices that push your site to the top of the SERPs, they would only find you if they were driving by your location. This isn’t at all how you want to sell cars and attract more customers to your location. Make sure more of your local clientele are aware of your brand and location with excellent SEO strategies that support your website.
Use these Six Tips for Better Automotive SEO Results
While there are many ways to build an SEO strategy to attract more users to your site, here are six tips that can get you started if you’re not sure what to do:
• Use Google My Business –This powerful tool is perfect for automotive SEO and can help you show up in local search results more easily. Make sure your information is complete to give your customers as much information as they desire.
• Schedule Automotive SEO Tasks Regularly –You need to visit your SEO strategy regularly. For some, that means daily, for others, at least a couple of times a week. Make sure this is part of your regular routine.
• Track Your SEO Results –You want to know how your strategy is performing and there are many tools to help you do this. Use the tools available to see how your keywords are ranking, how many visitors you have, and how effective those visits are.
• Optimization is Important-Every element of your website needs to be optimized to make sure you offer your customers what they are looking for. This can take some time, but it’s worth it when users are looking for what you offer.
• Quality Content is a Must –Whether offering a text blog, a video, or images, you need to have top-quality content to entertain and engage your audience. Build the content that supports your website.
• Select the Right Keywords –The right keywords are important to what is seen on SERPs. Automotive SEO begins with the correct keywords and goes from there. Choose words that will offer the results you’re looking for.